Oxford Bradwell Jacket Rifle Green
This vintage-styled wet waxed cotton jacket uses traditional materials and manufacturing techniques to recall a time when people worked and played outdoors, come rain or shine. But hidden beneath the old-world look is a hidden layer of modern technology, to offer the best user experience.
The Bradwell's key material is produced by British Millerain, a company which harks back to a day when goods were transported by wind-powered ships. Their sails were made from cotton which was waxed to protect against the ravages of the sea; the material consequently found its way into the clothing which sailors wore to protect themselves from the same inclemencies.
Respectful of the material's heritage, Oxford's designers have employed traditional tailoring methods to assemble the outer garment. For example, pockets are pleated in order to lie flat when empty, but provide space to expand when full. The mechanical stretch required in the back of the jacket to facilitate reaching the handlebars comfortably is created through another style of pleat, rather than with modern flexible fabrics. The collar and its accompanying belt are designed and cut in 3 dimensions, rather than as simple, flat panels; the resulting fit is just perfect. And the labour-intensive triple-stitching employed in all the potential impact areas is as pleasing to the eye as it is protective.
The result is a wholly protective product which looks, feels, and just is right.
- Premium British Millerain waxed cotton
- HUMAX waterproof, windproof and breathable fixed membrane
- Pleated pockets for expansion
- Rear box pleat for manoeuvrability and comfort
- Luxurious tartan lining
- Removable tartan thermal liner
- Adjustable belt and popper-secured cuffs and collar
- Double and triple stitch detailing in key areas
- Storm flap
- CE-EN1621-2:2014 Level 1 back protector available separately
- CE-EN1621-1:2012 Level 1 elbow and shoulder protectors included
No reviews were found.